I NEED HELP ABOUT LAUNCHER ERROR

Dear Iberians! Please pay attention and be careful with phishing tries. If you didn't request a new password and you received an e-mail, don't click in any image or link!! If you have doubts please contact support before clicking anywhere! Your 4story Team
  • i was playing 4story 4-5 years ago today i downloaded the game but im having error at launcher how can i fix it it says There has been error while patch / Failed to download the file and im not using anti-virus programme how can i solve it help please

• Well, you made the same thread in 2 sub-forum.. :P

There are different ways to fix the issue.

- go to the gamefolder (usually C:\Program Files (x86)GameforgeLive\Games\DEU_deu(your language)\4Story) and delete the subfolder called _download, afterwards restart the launcher.

- reinstall the whole game

- use a VPN if your current connection route has a problem

- disable windows defender (w10) and restart the launcher

- Sure you aren't using any antivirus? Especially MCaffee & Avast are known for the Failed to download the file. error.

• eXa really helpful but a friend of mine had one more problem on this! He couldnt stop the intsallation that appeared the error. We tried delete all gf file (like Gameforge-Live from Programm Files(x86) + the whole file from Downloads + background running + from Control Panel)

So, we couldnt go further than that! Any solution on stop installation after the error coming up?

• eXa really helpful but a friend of mine had one more problem on this! He couldnt stop the intsallation that appeared the error. We tried delete all gf file (like Gameforge-Live from Programm Files(x86) + the whole file from Downloads + background running + from Control Panel)

So, we couldnt go further than that! Any solution on stop installation after the error coming up?

Sorry, but what? I don't really understand the context here. He has to close the launcher while he deletes the _download folder. If he has such big problems, it's probably better to to deinstall GameforgeLive+4Story and reinstall it again with administrator privileges & add the whole GF folder as exception to the Antivirus. I'm not really sure what installation you mean tho..

(I'm not really active in the offical forum, thats why I answer so late.)